|CHIEF MASTER SERGEANT JOHN J. FINE JR|
Chief Master Sergeant John J. Fine is the Command Chief Master Sergeant for the Air Force Office of Special Investigations, Quantico Marine Ground Installation, Virginia. As the command chief, he is the advisor to the commander on all matters involving the command's enlisted personnel assigned to over 200 locations worldwide.
Chief Master Sergeant Fine entered the Air Force in 1983, upon completion of basic training and law enforcement specialist training; he was assigned to Zaragoza AB, Spain where he held a variety of positions to include patrolman, desk sergeant and flight chief. In December 1988, he retrained into the Air Force Office of Special Investigations where he worked as a narcotics agent, fraud agent, counterintelligence agent, criminal branch chief and superintendent. He was assigned to his current position on 23 June 2010.
1983 Basic Military Training, Lackland AFB, Tx.
1987 Noncommissioned Officer Leadership School, Zaragoza AB, Spain
1992 Associate in Applied Science, Criminal Justice, Community College of the Air Force
1995 Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Keesler AFB, Miss.
2004 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Gunter AFB, Ala.
2006 Chief Master Sergeant Leadership Course, Gunter AFB, Ala.
2008 United States Air Force Senior Leaders Course, Gettysburg Leadership Experience
2010 AFSO 21 Executive Senior Leaders Course, Nashville, Tennessee
2010 Keystone Command Senior Enlisted Leader Course, National Defense University
2011 Enterprise Management Seminar, University of Virginia, Darden School of Business, Charlottesville, Va.
1. September 1983 - November 1983, student, Basic Military Training, Lackland AFB, Tex.
2. November 1983 - January 1984, student, Law Enforcement Technical Training, Lackland AFB, Tex.
3. January 1984 - May 1988, law enforcement specialist, 406 SFS, Zaragoza AB, Spain
4. December 1988 - November 1993, special investigator, Air Force Office of Special Investigations Detachment 1024, Sheppard AFB, Tex.
5. November 1993 - January 1997, special investigator, Air Force Office of Special Investigations Detachment 419, Tyndall AFB, Fla.
6. January 97 - October1998, criminal branch chief, Air Force Office of Special Investigations Detachment 107, Kelly AFB, Tex.
7. October 1998 - October 1999, superintendent, Air Force Office of Special Investigations Detachment 611, Osan AB, Republic of Korea
8. October 1999 - September 2003, superintendent, AFOSI Det 409 Lackland AFB, Tex.
9. November 2003 - March 2006 - superintendent, AFOSI Anti-Terrorism Team, Lackland AFB, Tex.
10. March 2006 - October 2008, superintendent, AFOSI 1st Field Investigations Region, Wright-Patterson AFB, Oh.
11. October 2008 - June 2010, region superintendent, AFOSI 5th Field Investigations Region, Ramstein AB, Germany
12. June 2010 - present, Command Chief, Air Force Office of Special Investigations, Joint Base Andrews, Md and Quantico Marine Ground Installation, Va.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Bronze Star Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with silver oak leaf cluster
Air Force Achievement Medal with one oak leaf cluster
1985 - John Levitow Award Winner, Non-commissioned Officer Preparatory Course
1987 - Distinguished Graduate Non-commissioned Officer Leadership School
1988 - Distinguished Graduate Special Investigations Academy
1995 - Distinguished Graduate Non-commissioned Officer Academy
2001 - Air Force Office of Special Investigations Senior Enlisted Agent of the Year
2001 - Air Force Office of Special Investigations Lance P. Sijan Award winner, Senior Non-commissioned Officer
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Airman Basic September 1983
Airman First Class November 1983
Senior Airman July 1985
Sergeant July 1986
Staff Sergeant January 1987
Technical Sergeant November 1994
Master Sergeant May 1999
Senior Master Sergeant December 2003
Chief Master Sergeant November 2006
(Current as of August 2012)