Brigadier General Terry L. Bullard is the Commander, Air Force Office of Special Investigations (AFOSI), Quantico, Virginia. As the AFOSI Commander, General Bullard derives his independent criminal and counterintelligence investigative and operational authorities directly from the Secretary of the Air Force and executes the Field Operating Agency’s mission through a network of over 3,000 Total Force Airmen assigned to major Air Force installations and a variety of operating locations worldwide. General Bullard executes the mission of AFOSI under the administrative guidance and oversight of The Inspector General of the Air Force. AFOSI is a federal law enforcement agency with responsibility for conducting criminal investigations, counterintelligence and specialized investigative activities and operations, protective service operations, and integrated force protection for the Air Force globally. AFOSI is also a combat-ready military criminal investigative organization that provides the Air Force a wartime capability with counterintelligence support to force protection to find, fix, track, and neutralize enemy threats in hostile and contested environments. AFOSI is the Air Force’s focal point for working with U.S. and foreign nation law enforcement and security services in order to provide timely and accurate threat information in all environments.
General Bullard entered the Air Force in 1993 as a distinguished graduate of the AFROTC program at The Citadel. Upon commissioning, he was directly accessed into AFOSI. General Bullard has served as a Special Agent, Operations Officer (garrison and deployed), Forensic Science Specialist, Joint Staff Officer, two-time Detachment Commander in overseas locations in the Indo-Pacific Command and European Command areas of responsibility, a Squadron Commander, and Region Commander, and has taught on the faculty of Air University in both the Research and Strategy Departments. General Bullard has deployed five times throughout the US Central Command (USCENTCOM) area of responsibility in a variety of positions. He has served at the tactical level conducting counterintelligence-related activities, at the operational level as the Deputy J2X Forward, USCENTCOM, and as Commander, 24th Expeditionary Field Investigations Squadron. Prior to his current position, the general was the Vice Commander, AFOSI, Quantico, Virginia.
1993 Bachelor of Arts, Political Science, The Citadel, Charleston, S.C.
1994 AFOSI Basic Investigations Course, Bolling Air Force Base, Washington, D.C.
1997 USAF Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2001 Master of Forensic Science, The George Washington University, Washington, D.C.
2001 Forensic Medicine Fellow, Armed Forces Institute of Pathology, Rockville, Md.
2005 Master of Military Operational Art and Science, Air Command and Staff College,
Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2011 Master of Strategic Studies, Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2014 USAF Enterprise Leadership Seminar, The Kenan-Flagler Business School, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
1. September 1993 – July 1996, SPECIAL AGENT, AFOSI Detachment 111, Edwards Air Force Base, Calif.
2. July 1996 – July 1998, OPERATIONS OFFICER, AFOSI Detachment 209 and CHIEF, Detachment 209 OL-A, Headquarters Eighth Air Force, Barksdale AFB, La.
3. July 1998 – July 2000, COMMANDER, AFOSI Detachment 601, Hickam AFB, Hawaii
4. July 2000 – September 2001, STUDENT, Air Force Institute of Technology, George Washington University, Washington, D.C., and FORENSIC MEDICINE FELLOW, Armed Forces Institute of Pathology, Rockville, Md.
5. September 2001 – July 2004, CHIEF, Forensic Science Branch, AFOSI Detachment 303, Travis AFB, Calif.
6. July 2004 – July 2005, STUDENT, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
7. July 2005 – September 2006, DEPUTY J2X-FORWARD and COUNTERINTELLIGENCE COORDINATING AUTHORITY-QATAR, Camp As Saliyah, Qatar
8. September 2006 – July 2009, COMMANDER, AFOSI Detachment 512, Lakenheath-Mildenhall, United Kingdom
9. July 2009 – July 2012, AFOSI COMMAND CHAIR, Air University, and STUDENT, Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
10. July 2012 – July 2013, COMMANDER, AFOSI 24th Expeditionary Field Investigations Squadron and DIRECTOR, AFOSI Special Staff, Headquarters AFCENT, Al Udeid AB, Qatar
11. July 2013 – June 2014, VICE COMMANDER, AFOSI 2nd Field Investigations Region, Joint Base Langley-Eustis, Va.
12. June 2014 – May 2017, COMMANDER, AFOSI 2nd Field Investigations Region, Joint Base Langley-Eustis, Va.
13. May 2017 – May 2019, VICE COMMANDER, Headquarters AFOSI, Quantico, Va.
14. May 2019 – present, COMMANDER, Headquarters AFOSI, Quantico, Va.
SUMMARY OF JOINT ASSIGNMENTS
July 2005 – September 2006, Deputy J2X-Forward and Counterintelligence Coordinating Authority-Qatar, Camp As Saliyah, Qatar, as a Major
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit with oak leaf cluster
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Air Force Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Joint Service Commendation Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Joint Meritorious Unit Award
Air Force Meritorious Unit Award
Afghanistan Campaign Medal with bronze star
Iraq Campaign Medal with two bronze stars
Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
Humanitarian Service Medal
French Medaille De La Defense Nationale
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant July 20, 1993
First Lieutenant July 20, 1995
Captain July 20, 1997
Major July 1, 2003
Lieutenant Colonel Sept. 1, 2007
Colonel Sept. 1, 2013
Brigadier General May 3, 2019
(Current as of 12 September 2019)