Special Agent Pearl S. Mundt, a member of the Senior Executive Service, is the Executive Director, Office of Special Investigations (OSI), Quantico, Va. She serves as the deputy to the OSI commander. Her leadership responsibilities include strategic planning and engagement, enterprise and resource management, cyber, and digital transformation.
A career Special Agent with OSI, Ms. Mundt directed and led law enforcement and counterintelligence investigations and operations at every Air Force level. Some of the roles included a deployment in Iraq, Deputy Director of an OSI wing and Deputy Director, Office of Security and Counterintelligence, National Reconnaissance Office (NRO), Chantilly, Va. While assigned at the NRO, she was responsible for the organization’s security and counterintelligence programs to include personnel security, program security, physical and technical security, counterintelligence, and Insider Threat.
Prior to her appointment to the Senior Executive Service, she served as the principal advisor to OSI and Department of the Air Force leadership on all global law enforcement, counterintelligence, counterterrorism, specialized investigative activities, and integrated force protection operations for the Department.
2000 Bachelor of Arts, Forensic Psychology, John Jay College of Criminal Justice, NY, N.Y.
2005 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base (AFB), Ala.
2010 Master of Military Operational Art and Science, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2017 Excellence in Government Fellowship, Partnership for Public Service, Washington, D.C.
- December 2000 – January 2003, Criminal Investigator, OSI Detachment 419, Tyndall AFB, Fla.
- January 2003 – March 2006, Procurement Fraud Branch Chief, OSI Detachment 114, Tinker AFB, Okla (March 2004
- March 2006 – July 2007, Superintendent, OSI Detachment 114, Tinker AFB, Okla.
- July 2007– July 2009, Special Agent in Charge, OSI Detachment 614, Seoul, Republic of Korea
- July 2009 – August 2012, Special Agent in Charge, OSI Detachment 631, Joint Base Elmendorf Richardson, Alaska
- August 2012 – July 2016, Deputy Director, OSI 8th Field Investigations Region, Peterson SFB, Colo.
- July 2016 – October 2017, Acting Group Chief, Resource Evaluation Group, Mission Integration Directorate, National Counterintelligence and Security Center, Bethesda, Md.
- October 2017 – September 2020, Deputy Director, Office of Security and Counterintelligence, NRO, Chantilly, Va.
- September 2020 – April 2023, Executive Director, OSI Center, Marine Corps Base, Quantico, Va.
- April 2023 – present, Executive Director, Headquarters OSI, Marine Corps Base Quantico, Va.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
NRO Gold Medal
NRO Silver Medal
Meritorious Civilian Service Medal (x4)
Joint Service Commendation Medal
Exemplary Civilian Service Medal
Air Force Association's Outstanding Civilian Senior Manager of the Year
OSI Command Junior Civilian Agent of the Year
OSI Region 6 (Pacific Region) Rudolph M. Schellhammer Senior Civilian Special Agent of the Year
(Current as of June 2023)