Please click the Certification and Identity Form found at: https://www.justice.gov/oip/doj-reference-guide-attachment-d-copies-forms , fill it out and ensure your FOIA request is signed.
You have these options to submit your request:
1. E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org .
2. Fax to: (571) 305-8229
3. Mail to: HQ AFOSI/XILI Attn: FOIA Section 27130 Telegraph Rd. Quantico, VA 22134
E-mailed requests must have a valid mailing address included since it may not be practical to provide a substantive response electronically.
In addition please provide the following recommended information. You may attach this information on a separate document along with your appropriate statement:
1. When did the incident take place (month and year if known)?
2. Where did the incident take place or where was it investigated (what Air Force base if known)?
3. What is the nature of the investigation (sexual assault, death, drugs, etc.)?
4. What was your role in the investigation (subject, victim, witness, or in the case of a death investigation you relationship to the deceased)?
5. If the investigation involves minors, have a custodial parent fill out a notarized Certificate of identity for each child and include those forms with your request.
6. Some responsive records include photographs which can be graphic in nature. Do you want to receive the photographs? YES / NO
7. Some responsive records include both a Report of Investigation (ROI) and Exhibits/Attachments. The ROI is used to document AFOSI investigations, specifically the results of investigative activities. The processing of Exhibits/Attachments can add additional processing time to your request. If you request only the ROI this will not preclude you from requesting the Exhibits/Attachments in the future as a separate FOIA request. Which are you requesting? ROI - YES / NO Exhibits/Attachments - YES / NO
8. Are you willing to pay fees? YES / NO (You can attach a fee waiver to your request if applicable).
NOTE: Air Force-affiliated requesters, to include military and civilian employees, should not use government equipment, supplies, stationary, postage, telephones or official mail channels to make FOIA requests. Requests should be made through personal e-mail or postal service.
NOTE: To ensure timely attention to your request, please do not mail FOIA requests to the AFOSI Public Affairs Office.