Thank you for your interest in OSI’s Reserve Program! OSI Reserve Agents and Professional Staff are Individual Mobilization Augmentees (IMAs), a category of AF individual reservists (IRs) assigned to active-duty units rather than stand-alone traditional reserve units. OSI IMAs are required to complete a 12-day Annual Tour (AT) and 24 Inactive Duty Training (IDT) days each year.
Below are the qualifications for Reserve OSI Agents:
· - Military experience
· - Eligible for Reserves
· - Law enforcement experience/training
**If you are not eligible for the Air Force Reserves, OSI cannot offer you an IMA position
· - Investigative experience (1811 w/ other agencies)
· - CITP or agency equivalent (DEA, USPS, CID, and FBI Academy)
· - Leadership experience
· - Forensics skills/training/experience
· - Cyber skills/training/experience
· - Foreign languages
· - Polygraph examiner
· - Digital forensics
· - Technical surveillance countermeasures
· - Fraud related experience (accounting, auditing, etc.)
· - Diverse backgrounds (overseas experience, intel, etc.)
**Final approval of any assignment to OSI is based on satisfactory results from the Agent Suitability Investigation (ASI) or Professional-staff Suitability Investigation (PSI) can take up to 45 days.
Active Duty OSI Agents (Officer and Enlisted):
All active-duty OSI personnel (enlisted and officers) interested in transitioning from active duty to the Reserves should contact our in-service recruiters (ISRs) listed below. In addition, please complete the OSI IMA Application and forward to AFOSI.HQ.DPR@US.AF.MIL.
MSgt Joel Edwards – cell: (240) 513-5288 or email@example.com
MSgt Tyrone Graham – cell: (202) 774-0005 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Enlisted Agent Positions (non-AD OSI):
OSI considers E4 – E6 applicants with felony-level investigative experience (1811) for retraining. All other ranks must be fully qualified. Fully qualified means completion of FLETC’s CITP and BSIC. Applicants of other ranks who have completed CITP, DEA, USPS, CID, or the FBI Academy may be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please complete the OSI IMA Initial Screening Questionnaire and forward to AFOSI.HQ.DPR@US.AF.MIL.
Finding a Recruiter: Call (800) 257-1212 or visit https://www.airforce.com/how-to-join/join-the-air-force-reserve
Officer Agent Positions (non-AD OSI):
OSI considers O2 – O3 applicants with felony-level investigative experience (1811) for retraining. All other ranks must be fully qualified. Fully qualified means completion of FLETC’s CITP and BSIC. Applicants of other ranks who have completed CITP, DEA, USPS, CID, or the FBI Academy may be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please complete the OSI IMA Initial Screening Questionnaire and forward to AFOSI.HQ.DPR@US.AF.MIL.
Application window for officer IMA applicants with no prior OSI experience, or a break in service from OSI, will open in January of every calendar year.
Non-agent Positions: These positions are advertised on the AF Portal/RMVS.
Recruiters with Applicants interested in OSI’s Reserve Program:
· OSI Agent IMA positions, 7SX and 71SX, are centrally managed and vacancies are limited. Do not apply through the Reserve Management Vacancy System (RMVS). Follow the instructions listed above.
· For all other AFSCs, if there is a vacant billet showing in Reserve Management Vacancy System (RMVS) and your applicant would like to apply, please follow the instructions listed in RMVS.
**Note: Please do not submit the 1288 in AFRISS until the OSI CRC has provided you the 1288 and RIO Det 7 Coversheet, as it cannot be submitted before the member's suitability investigation is approved. Otherwise, it will sit in AFRISS and flag as overdue.